"Chris is a highly valued member of the Tuesday & Thursday Job Clubs. Chris was a brand new resident of SF when he learned about volunteer opportunities with Employment Services at the Center. He wanted to help LGBT job seekers with advice & suggestions since he is a recruiter for a national publishing company. Chris has gone above and beyond the call of duty. He has been able to help LGBT job seekers not just at the Job Clubs but on his own time. And the best part of it all, Chris’ desire to volunteer has never stopped. I truly feel I couldn’t complete Tuesday & Thursday Job Clubs without Chris’ knowledge & assistance. I hope to never lose Chris."- Benjamin Bustamante, Employment Specialist
Interview with Volunteer of the Month - Chris:
- The Center:What is most memorable to you about your time at the Center?
- Chris:It's always great to hear that one of the Job Clubbers has found a job with the help of connections, advice, or interview/resume help provided in Job Club. I've also volunteered at both of the 2014 career fairs and had a great time. They are wonderful events with a lot of interesting employers. Always a busy day, but great seeing all of the people coming through and making connections with employers.
- The Center:Why should others volunteer with the Center?
- Chris:I have met so many amazing people while volunteering at the Center and made some of my best friends in San Francisco there. It's an awesome place with so many important resources for our community. And as we ALWAYS stress in Job Club, it's great for networking and a nice addition to a resume - ha!
- The Center:How do you recommend job seekers connect with the Center’s Employment Services?
- Chris:Job Seekers can easily email email@example.com or call (415-865-5614) the ES team to request job search support. And I encourage Job Seekers to attend both Tuesday or Thursday Job Club as frequent as possible. To keep up to date on all events and employer engagement opportunities connect with the team via Meetup.com/LGBTQ-Career-Network/.
The Center: Thanks Chris, so much for volunteering with us. I think your story will inspire other people to give back.
If you are interested in volunteer at the Center, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-865-5664