- Start by going to sfcenter.org/giving-tuesday. Then click on Become a Fundraiser. Fill out the following form with your personal information to create your account–Please make sure the email address you input is the one you will be checking regularly to reach out to your donors and to receive notifications from the SF LGBT Center. When you are done with filling out the form, you will receive an email with more information about your page.
- Then you will have the option to Personalize your Page. Click the Personalize Your Page button.
- Then, upload a fun photo of yourself – we recommend a color photo of your face without sunglasses or baseball caps, and we’d love to see your smiling faces!
- You will want to add a fundraising goal next (The default will be $200, but feel free to increase it if you’re feeling ambitious!) and personalize your message to your supporters. You can tell a short story, talk about why this is an important cause to you, and thank your donors. Then press Save!
- You will then receive an email with all of your personal fundraising page information, including your personal link to your Virtual Host page, so you can go ahead and send out your link, share on social media and ask for donations from your contacts right away! We recommend sharing your fundraiser ASAP once you have completed your page, so that people can start donating and sharing your message while you have momentum. You will receive notifications when your page receives a donation, which is so exciting!
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or, if you are a visual learner, you can watch a quick tutorial on how to make your page here.