The Rainbow Room is our auditorium and main event space. Since renovations in 2017, the Rainbow Room has gained floor to ceiling windows that look out onto Market street. Completely reconfigurable, the space is perfect for all large-scale events from banquets to dance parties. The Rainbow Room entrance is now at the end of a ramp straight off from the 2nd floor elevators with the Sylvester Lounge & seating area just outside.
We offer competitive rental rates and special discounts for nonprofits. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-865-5631 if you are interested in any of our rooms.
Most ideal for:
- Presentations for around 150 guests
Fundraisers, banquets, and receptions for around 100-150 people
- Town halls and panel discussions for around 50-150
- Musical performances and theatrical performances
- Board meetings for 30 or more people
- Parties for around 250 guests
- Recommendations are to utilize surrounding rooms (201, 203, 204, and/or 1st floor gallery) to expand and diversify the event space for breakout rooms, overflow rooms, or food/drink service
- Stage riser that is 12’ long by 8’ deep comes standard with the room.
- Customized placement or removal is also available
- Full light rig to illuminate the stage and customizations available (see policies)
- Furniture is configured with the layout of your choice and ready for you when you arrive (tables and chairs are free)
- Complete surround sound speaker system with wired, wireless, podium, or lapel microphones and auxiliary input options or other audio sources (instruments, etc) or to draw sound from the 1st floor gallery, or room 201.
- State of the art mounted projection system with projection screen behind the stage, with connection to your computer or our DVD player
- Send your projection data (film, slideshow, etc) to either/both room 201 and room 204
- Camera setup to capture a visual feed of the event in the Rainbow Room and send to either/both rooms 201 and 204
- Secondary projector and screen option on side wall with access inside of A/V booth
- Rolling vertical whiteboards (up to 3)
- Outlets are available at every wall in the Rainbow Room, and in a few places in the floor
- Wifi (free) or ethernet cable for direct internet access (recommended for live streaming)
- Podiums (2)
- Floor to ceiling windows with moving shades or blackout curtains
All common areas and rented spaces at the center are ADA compatible. Entry to the building has an ADA push-button to open the door. Two elevators are available for use in the 1st floor lobby and open just in front of room 201. The single doorway to the space can be propped open and is 35.5” wide. Bathroom doors on the 2nd floor are held open during event times. Bathrooms on the 1st floor are kept open at all times. We are striving to be a scent free building for those that have sensitivities to perfumes. We request that anyone with access requests or questions contact us directly with at least 72 hours notice to ensure that we meet their needs: 415-865-5631 or email@example.com.
The SF LGBT Center building is a melding of the modern and the historical. The East side of the building is the last surviving Victorian on Market street, having narrowly survived the fire from the 1906 earthquake. In 2002 the center joined together the modern neighboring building with the Victorian. In April 2017 we held our ribbon cutting ceremony after a year and half of renovations to the building, providing whole new event and meeting spaces and bringing in new local service providers to be housed within our walls. We encourage all event attendees to take advantage of our many community service programs onsite here at the center. Please see what services might relate to your event here. Our building is temperature controlled and most electricity is sourced by our rooftop solar panels.