The SF LGBT Center seeks Board members from diverse networks, communities, and competencies that will enable the Center to further its mission.
We envision a board that:
- Is grounded in and reflects the communities we serve
- Brings their full life experiences in service of the Center’s Mission
- Is committed to and active in supporting the Center’s racial justice and equity work
- Serves as ambassadors and community representatives
- Works to financially sustain the mission of the Center
- Honors the essential value and contributions of every member of our community
Board members come from a variety of backgrounds and utilize their skills to further key Center objectives by participating in the following activities:
- Board recruitment & development
- Board governance/policies
- Strategic planning & visioning
- Fundraising with individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Annual Soirée event planning and auction
- Marketing & communications
- Finance & facilities
You can learn more about the current members of the Center’s Board of Directors here and apply to join the board here: Get Involved – SF LGBT Center (sfcenter.org).
JOIN A BOARD MEETING:
Board meetings are open to the public. If you would like to attend or participate in an upcoming meeting, please provide your contact details through the SF LGBT Center board meeting request form. The board secretary will respond with event details.