Room 204 is a more insulated space at the center and is located at the edge of our 2nd floor just behind the Rainbow Room. It holds a full-sized kitchenette as an optional add-in for your rental, making it a great green room, activity room, or retreat space. It’s smooth floors and privacy tucked away from the main lobby make this a great yoga or dance class space.
Dark blue walls and more limited lighting offer a fully customized lighting experience with a dim-lit or darkened room ideal for cocktail parties or film showings before the sun is fully set. One large window faces Waller street and can be pre-arranged to be fully blacked out for more privacy. Translucent shades on the window/walls facing the lobby hallway may be opened or closed to make the space more or less private. Room 204 also works wonderfully as a breakout room for conferences or an overflow room from the Rainbow Room due to its unique ability to have a camera feed, or mirrored presentation of the Rainbow Room and/or it’s audio feed from mics, music, or video.
We offer competitive rental rates and special discounts for nonprofits. Please email us at email@example.com or call 415-865-5631 if you are interested in any of our rooms.
Most ideal for:
- Film showings for around 40 people
- Retreats for around 25 people
- Support groups for around 25 people
- Workshops, classes, or presentations for around 50 people
- Board meetings for around 20 people
- Social gathering/networking or cocktail party for around 60 people
- Dance or yoga classes for around 20 people
- Events that are sensitive in nature (require more privacy)
- Poetry night / performance space for around 40 people
- During a larger event: breakout presentation or performance space, greenroom or prep area or warmup space, activity space (crafts/games etc), childcare room, or overflow room (can receive live camera feed from Rainbow Room).
- Furniture is configured with the layout of your choice and ready for you when you arrive (tables and chairs are free)
- Standard overhead speakers or PA system with microphone or aux input
- Mounted 51” TV or sitting projector/standing tripod projection screen to connect to your computer, a live feed from the Rainbow Room, or our DVD player.
- Rolling vertical whiteboard
- Outlets are available and plentiful inside the room
- Phone line and speakerphone
- Wifi (free) or ethernet cable for direct internet access
- Podium and/or stage riser
- Kitchenette attached with sink, cabinet storage, counterspace, and fridge
All common areas and rented spaces at the center are ADA compatible. Entry to the building has an ADA push-button to open the door. Two elevators are available for use in the 1st floor lobby and room 204 is to the right and down a ramp just as you exit the elevators. The single doorway to the space can be propped open. Bathroom doors on the 2nd floor are held open during event times. Bathrooms on the 1st floor are kept open at all times. We are striving to be a scent free building for those that have sensitivities to perfumes. We request that anyone with access requests or questions contact us directly with at least 72 hours notice to ensure that we meet their needs: 415-865-5631 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SF LGBT Center building is a melding of the modern and the historical. The East side of the building is the last surviving Victorian on Market street, having narrowly survived the fire from the 1906 earthquake. In 2002 the center joined together the modern neighboring building with the Victorian. In April 2017 we held our ribbon cutting ceremony after a year and half of renovations to the building, providing whole new event and meeting spaces and bringing in new local service providers to be housed within our walls. We encourage all event attendees to take advantage of our many community service programs onsite here at the center. Please see what services might relate to your event here. Our building is temperature controlled and most electricity is sourced by our rooftop solar panels.